Postings for the Ministry Opportunities page can be emailed to Jim Wilder at email@example.com and will be accessible for 90 days.
Food Service Coordinator
City Mission - Findlay, OH
Prior experience in Food Service. Interested in serving the nutritional needs of the homeless and drop-in guests. Able to plan, organize, and prepare food on a daily basis. Flexibility in supplying needs of unexpected crowds. Comfortable in dealing with all kinds of people. Willing to maintain food services facilities according to City Mission standards.
1. Prepare, set up, serve, and clean up evening meal daily two to four* days a week,
2. Be responsible for preparing the main dishes using turkey, beef, venison, and pork at least once each week,
3. Process in-kind donations of food,
4. Plan nutritionally balanced menus utilizing perishable and non-perishable in-kind donations whenever available,
5. Keep products current and areas orderly in the pantry and basement food storage rooms
6. Date food put into freezers and rotate on a regular basis
7. Clean refrigerators weekly, throw away out-dated (3 days past marked date) food
8. Rotate and restock give-away items
9. Clean kitchen according to daily and weekly schedules,
10. Work with and direct kitchen volunteers,
11. Report food service needs to Transient Men’s Director, (Be sure that any perishables you have used are re-stocked at the end of your rotation so the other Food Service Coordinators have supplies on hand.)
12. Report problems to TMD,
13. Follow kitchen safety rules and state standards for food service,
14. Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene and cleanliness
To apply, contact Dewey Harris, Mission Director at 419-423-9151.
May 21, 2013
Part-time Youth Leader/Pastor
Rudolph Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) 13868 Mermill Road Rudolph, Ohio 43462
Entry level position for individual(s) seeking to serve the Lord through Youth Ministry (Nursery, Sunday School, VBC, Community Outreach). A married couple would also be acceptable. Selected candidate would serve under the direction of the pastor, and become regular attendee of RCC. Qualified person would have opportunity to preach in church worship periodically. Compensation will be appropriate with skill level—likely paid on an hourly or event basis.
Interested persons may contact: Pastor Larry Garzony Rudolph Christian Church 419.806.4344 (H) firstname.lastname@example.org
May 9, 2013
Victory Evangelical Church - Risingsun, OH
A pastoral position is opening up for the Victory Evangelical Church in Risingsun, OH. The congregation is small and there are no children for Sunday School. The group varies from 9-14. If you’re bi-lingual (English and Spanish), all the better, but it is not a prerequisite.
A replacement is needed by June 9, 2013. Please contact Pastor Sears at 419-490-8096.
May 6, 2013
Worship Music Director
First United Methodist Church - Bowling Green, OH
First United Methodist in Bowling Green, Ohio is prayerfully searching for the right person to lead our non-traditional worship experiences. The successful candidate will work from a strong Spiritual foundation to collaborate with pastors and volunteers to lead worshippers to sense the presence of God. The desired candidate should have a strong background of leadership in non-traditional worship as well as strong vocal and instrumental abilities. We expect the non-traditional worship director to “lead up front.”
This is a part-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education. For a copy of the full job description or to submit a resume, please contact us at email@example.com or call Rev. Mellott at 419-353-0682.
May 6, 2013
Alice Church of God - Conrad, IA
A small country church located in rural, central Iowa is seeking a pastor. The Alice Church of God located north of Conrad, wishes to employ a full-time pastor to lead and grow our church. We prefer pulpit and technical experience. Our pastor should be willing to live in the immediate area.
The Alice Church of God was established in 1878 and is a member of the Churches of God General Conference out of Findley, Ohio. We are a Bible-believing church and follow the doctrine of the Conference “We Believe” booklet.
If interested, please contact Mrs. Dee Brindle via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your resume to Dee Brindle 1912B Wallace Avenue, Marshalltown, IA 50158. Please send your resume and your request for more information.
April 18, 2013
Director of Youth and Family Ministry
St. Paul Lutheran Church - Clyde, OH
St. Paul Lutheran Church is located in Clyde, Ohio and ½ hour from Lake Erie. We are a member congregation of the NALC (North American Lutheran Church) and LCMC (Lutheran Congregation in Mission for Christ). Our active membership is 520, average weekly worship attendance is 163, Sunday School average is 20, and our CAT3 program (post-catechism) is 10.
We are looking for an energetic, fun, faith filled person to help grow faith in our children, youth and their families. This position requires someone with organizational skills, creativity and flexibility, and is an effective communicator with the ability to teach. This is a full time exempt position for someone who has the desire and ability to work and connect with the children, youth and their families.
- Lead the youth ministries program by developing and implementing additional discipleship programs for our children and youth.
- Serve as a positive role model for Christian living & service and be an active and visible presence within the church (with an active membership at St. Paul’s).
- Mature Christian character with a commitment to St. Paul Lutheran Church’s values and mission.
- Ability to manage events, budgets, curriculum and accurately teach God’s word to children and youth.
- Possess the ability to work with church staff and volunteers.
- The Director will partner with family, congregation and the community in ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is desired and the ability to incorporate music and the arts is a plus, possess basic English skills and office/computer usage abilities.
- Candidates will undergo a background check.
Complete job description can be seen on our web site www.stpaulclyde.org and Facebook.
Compensation package $25-35,000-negotiable based on experience.
Send resume, cover letter and 3 references to:Search Committee, St. Paul Lutheran Church, 147 W Forest St. Clyde, OH 43410 or Email to email@example.com.
March 12, 2013
Union Chapel Church of God - Bryan, OH
The Union Chapel Church of God is currently seeking a Pastor with spiritual maturity who has a strong evangelistic focus. The church is located seven miles southeast of Bryan, Ohio in rural Williams County. Union Chapel has a great 125 year tradition and history and is a church that reaches out with compassion to their local community. The average Sunday morning worship attendance is 30-35 with a strong potential for growth. If you are interested in this ministry opportunity or have questions, please send a resume or express your interest by April 7. Email or mail to Jerry Walsh, firstname.lastname@example.org, 16353 County Road A, Bryan, Ohio 43506.
February 13, 2013