- FINANCIAL AID – To apply for WTS grants or Federal Stafford loans, please contact Marilynn Dunn (email@example.com), Financial Aid Coordinator. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed online at www.winebrenner.edu, 'Prospective Students,' 'Admissions,’ ‘Financial Aid’ using Winebrenner’s school code (G04060), and be on file with the Financial Aid Office before July 1 of each year (August 1, December 1, or April 1 for new students) to be considered. For more detailed information, see download the WTS Financial Aid Procedures.
- FERPA Release - In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy of Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, Winebrenner Theological Seminary (WTS) is restricted from releasing student information of any nature to third parties, with the exception of “directory” information (such as name, address, phone, email address, age, gender, ethnicity, spouse, denomination, church, program, and anticipated date of completion) which may be disclosed without the student’s knowledge. Students must complete the release form (available here) naming who, if anyone, should have access to your information. Students will not be permitted to register until this form is submitted.
- COURSE REGISTRATION – You may register by contacting Shari Brandeberry (419-434-4245 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that a $30 Late Registration Fee is charged to returning students who register for fall after July 1, for spring after December 1, and for summer after April 1.
- PROFILE OF MINISTRY – All incoming students must complete a Profile of Ministry assessment. Contact Ruth Whitaker at 419-434-4240 or at email@example.com to schedule your interview and acquire your packet. A $60 ministry assessment fee will be assessed for completion of the Profile of Ministry.
- UFNet ACCOUNT – All students must have a UFNet account. Please sign up at http://www.findlay.edu/offices/informationtechnology/Pages/UFnet-Account-Agreement.aspx
- SYLLABI – It is your responsibility to download your syllabi each term. The syllabi are stored on the Blackboard system and can be retrieved after you create a UFNet account. Blackboard can be accessed at ufonline.findlay.edu. After logging in, click on the “Content System” tab at the top of the top of the page, then click on “Institution Content” on the left which will cause the “Winebrenner” folder to appear. Click on this folder to access the course syllabi and other important information.
- TEXTBOOKS – Students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks. Some suggestions are www.amazon.com or www.christianbook.com.
Other Important Information
WTS STUDENT HANDBOOK - The WTS Student Handbook, describing policies regarding WTS students, can be found on Blackboard, once your UFNet account has been created.
FINANCIAL INFORMATION – WTS tuition and fees are invoiced to students 30-days prior to the beginning of class. Tuition and fees are payable at the time of registration or prior to the first day of class. A deferred payment plan may be arranged with the Business Office (419-434-4204). Finance charges of 1.5% per month will be added to the unpaid balance each month. Your account must be paid in full prior to registration for the next term (Mid June for fall registration, Mid November for spring registration and Mid March for summer registration), receiving grades, and requesting transcripts.
STUDENT FEES – Several fees are charged each fall, spring and summer term to enrolled Winebrenner students. The Student Services Fee of $25 covers the cost of WTS community activities for students. A General Service Fee of $90 will be assessed by The University of Findlay (UF) on your WTS bill. A $60 ministry assessment fee will be assessed for completion of the Profile of Ministry.
REFUND REQUEST – To request a refund from your student account, contact the receptionist at 419-434-4200. Checks will be available each Friday at 2:00 p.m. for those requests received by noon on Thursday.
DROP-ADD INFORMATION – Refer to the back of the class schedule for information on pertinent dates and financial responsibility when dropping or adding a class. Courses may not be added after the first session.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS - All WTS students will need access to a computer, printer, and high speed internet access. Minimum computer requirements can be found on pg. 29 of the Academic Catalog.
ONLINE CLASSES – Many online classes utilize the UF Blackboard system. Students enrolling in an online class must have a UFNet account. Instructions in obtaining a UFNet account are attached.
STUDENT ID CARD – All students must obtain an Oiler One identification card from UF. This student ID may be used to access many things on the UF campus including gyms; pool; athletic games; health, print and postal services; and library (see www.findlay.edu for additional benefits). ID cards will be issued during orientation.
PARKING HANGER –In order to park on campus in designated areas, you must have a parking hanger (available August-May, renewed annually). Information that you will need to have when you apply is: UF ID number, automobile make/model, and license plate number. Parking passes will be issued during orientation. Students must park in green-lined spaces. Students enrolled in intensive classes should use a visitors’ parking pass, which may be obtained from the seminary receptionist on the first floor.
STUDENT LOUNGE – On the first floor of the seminary there is a refrigerator, microwave and sink in the student lounge.
STUDENT MAILBOXES are located just off the Student Lounge. Students are assigned a mailbox each term, which should be checked regularly. (Be sure to check the name on the box, as the names are adjusted periodically.)
WTS FACULTY AND STAFF MAILBOXES are not accessible to students. There are drop boxes available outside the office area on each floor to submit papers, reports, and other correspondence.
LIBRARY FACILITIES – The Winebrenner Seminary collection is housed in Shafer Library at The University of Findlay. All students must obtain a barcode from Seminary library staff to adhere to the back of their UF ID card. The card will permit access to both Seminary and UF holdings in Shafer. For more information, please call WTS library at 419-434-4260.
COPIES - Students that need to make copies have access to the copy machines in the Shafer Library (purchase a copy card at the circulation desk for reduced fees). Copies may also be made in the Print Services office in Old Main.
COMPUTER LABS – The UF labs are accessible to all students. For locations and hours, please visit their website at http://www.findlay.edu/offices/adminoffices/informationtechnologyservices/default.htm
MEALS – Food service on the UF campus is available to WTS students. Henderson Dining Room is located in Deming Hall. The meals are “all you can eat” and the cost is very reasonable. The Cave, located in the Alumni Memorial Union, offers ala carte items.
COMMUNITY LIFE – Times of worship and fellowship are open to all.
STUDY STATIONS AND COMPUTER PORTS – These can be found on the second floor of WTS. Wireless network access is available throughout the campus.
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE – Student health insurance is available through UF if you are enrolled for at least six (6) credit hours. The cost must be pre-paid. If interested, contact the UF Business Office (419-434-4690).
HEALTH SERVICES – The Cosiano Health Center is located at 120 W. Foulke Ave. and is open Monday through Friday 9-4 (hours are reduced during the summer). Their phone number is 419-434-4550. In the event of an on campus emergency, call security at 419-434-4799.
HOUSING – The housing facilities at UF are available to WTS students. For more information, contact Housing/Residence Life at 419-434-4570.
- A cardio center and indoor track are located in Koehler Fitness and Recreation Center. The pool is located in Croy Gymnasium.
- Postal Services are located in the basement of Old Main, Room 17.
- A calendar of UF activities is found online at http://www.findlay.edu/newsevents/calendars/campusevents/default.htm